Thursday, December 12, 2013

with these hands

I lean against the keys.
they rattle
a quaint tune
and bumble back
into position,
accepting line after line.
they refuse to lie.
they crimp and kick,
bucking me along in
their mysterious way,
a word at a time.
only these words,
no judgment,
no thick headed answers,
telling me what I want to hear.
there is escape at the keys,
a flavor resilient and gracious.
it takes a little time,
but I begin to understand 
what they are saying.
they are grand and neurotic,
bending this way and that,
sketching out what needs
to be said.
they scream to keep 
death
at bay.
the sweet, slippery wet,
draws me in.
a few more inches
and I'm almost there.
the tension, the tight pulling.
that lapping extension of soul,
promising release,
giving itself over freely
and without restraint.
my fingers graze,
play at the edges,
rubbing one out for 
the world to see.
just another line
and I'm spent,
lying on the floor 
in a heap,
waiting for the words 
to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment