Saturday, December 7, 2013

flavored death

I play sadistic games with death,
poking it in the eye,
leaning toward majesty.
A burst of laughter.
A cringe
and I’m already there.
This fight we fight –
The good fight,
the true fight,
is a fight for life.
Maybe we’re not aware of it.
Maybe it’s better that way.
It keeps us from thinking
about where we’re headed.
I play a genuine game with death,
knowing all too well
it could drop me at any moment.
A cackle.
A grin.
I shutter because I’ve already went.
The bad are dark –
The bad are in control,
the controlling bad,
the bad have the life.
Maybe you know.
Maybe you’re aware.
And it drives you to the edge.
I play with the image of death
while it mesmerizes me.
A grunt.
Its purge.
I quake in its reflection.
The indifferent are all around.
All around us now.
They’re a part of you and me.
We’re all indifferent in life.
Maybe you are too.
Maybe you’ve gone that far.
And it pushes you toward insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment