Saturday, December 21, 2013

give me god

be my messiah -
give me something
to believe in,
something to distract me from
this time and place,
something to give me
faith in humanity.

let me get fat on the words
let me bulge and bend
let me feel that sensation
       in the places I keep holy.

give me a messiah
that lets me feel -
a messiah that really
knows about this shit -
a messiah for the rest
of
us,
dropping off the edge
and waiting -
goddamn waiting
for the truth.

give me a holy god-
a god of sick
a god with desire
to make it right

give me a god
with a hard left hook,
a god that won't take any shit,
a god for the rest
of
us.

I need a saint to tear away
at the stitching,
a saint of men
a saint of women
a saint with the balls
to say
what needs to be said.

offer up a martyr
for the proud
a martyr made of
stone and sin
a martyr that will
really die for me.

give me a god that
doesn't mind
showing up
every once in a while.

I could use one.
could you?

No comments:

Post a Comment