Monday, December 16, 2013

don't bother

It is Monday. I took a bath.
I stood up after I had fermented
long enough, grabbed my towel,
being careful of my notebook,
dried my face, my arms, and my
chest. I stepped out of the bath,
got my foot caught on the rug,
dropped the towel,
exclaimed, "O shit!",
and proceeded to fall,
with all my weight,
onto my ass. My back is fine.
My ass,
not so much.
I stood,
still dazed,
toweled the rest of myself off,
and walked into the kitchen.
There was a wet spot.
I slipped, grabbed for the stove,
came up with a cast iron pot,
steadied my ballance as I threw the pot,
checked my surroundings and found my footing
all at the same time,
patiently waiting for Death to pass me by.
I took a deep breath and walked around the corner
into the living room, nearly stepped on one of my cats,
spun, mid-air, and landed on my feet. I stopped,
made another check of my surroundings and
decided that I needed to sit down.

No comments:

Post a Comment