Friday, December 13, 2013

there is no accounting for taste.

he felt connected with the world.
he was a lunatic, but still he felt this way.
there is no accounting for taste.
he thought of this as he bashed in the man's skull.
the man was on the ground and so was the blood.
still, he battered the purple face.
this world is beauty and solace, graven and misshapen,
he thought, kicking the man's head. I want to roll myself into its
warmth until it becomes a womb, encasing me. the man's left 
eye fell loose and dangled across his cheek. I want to 
inherit the Earth and its love. I want to kiss it to sleep at night
and milk away its fears when the sun rises. the man's lip
busted open, a trail of slick bent down his chin. I want
peace and prosperity for all. the man lost a tooth. It clattered
on the blacktop and settled next to a discarded newspaper.
I will kiss the children when I get in Office and lift their spirits
by putting God back in the institutions. the man's chest caved
with the tip of a boot and he coughed out blood. I will give them 
freedom. I will give them hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment