Tuesday, December 10, 2013

getting to know you


I'm not going to pretend to like you
if I don't know you
and we've never met.
I wouldn't expect you to either.
We may have similar interests
or matching genitalia,
but that doesn't constitute a friendship.
How could it?
"Hey, we both have cocks! That's great!!"
Now if your genitals don't match my own,
I won't pretend to like you either.
It's not productive for either of us.
either I've come to know you personally
and built a friendship, or I don't know you at all
and we're going nowhere.
either way, it works.
there's no need to pretend
and make things out to be 
more than they are.
let us rejoice in the fact that we don't mesh well
because many other people have the same issue.
let us be happy for the fact that we will never
have to tolerate one another
and dance in its brilliance.
let us find common ground in the interest of all 
mankind that we don't care for each other.
there's beauty in that,
in knowing you're not meant to 
get along 
with someone.
either you love it,
or you hate it.
I don't care either way.
It was nice not getting to know you.

No comments:

Post a Comment