Monday, December 16, 2013

likened hearts as bitter as sweat

all the pieces fit together like a puzzle:
madness,
pain,
joy,
sanity.
these are things I remember in those
pictures
of
you.
long nervous nights and anxious days,
starving a little
with my mind
warping around
images of you.
wondering why you tried so hard
to shatter
the pieces,
the momentos
of wonderful
me.
I imagine you somewhere else
doing the same
thing to someone
else in their
worst moments                    and
                                I
                                           pity
                                the
                                           souls
                                you
                                           mangle.
and I imagine you, imagining me,
gone away,
a little farther
than I used
to be
watching you fall over yourself    
trying so
hard to
break them too.
                                      one
                                            day
                             you'll
                                          break
                                the
                                      wrong
                  heart
                             and
                                        be
                               left
                                           in
                     the
                                cold

                           just
                                   like
                                          me.

  


No comments:

Post a Comment