Wednesday, December 4, 2013

the land of plenty

this is such a weird place.
we're about five inches from
killing each other at any given
moment. and there's so many of
us that if the aliens landed, we wouldn't
know the difference.

so it goes, to the moon and back
. . . or maybe we didn't.

and every natural disaster is a
calamity and the world's going to end
any moment now. how do you know it's a lie?
everyone believes it. the same could go for being crazy.
either way, it's weird.
I'm in a constant state of culture shock.
I don't know whether to smile, or shit my pants.
too much
too soon
too abrupt
and if you think it's going to get better,
brother,
have I got a story for you.
this is just the beginning.
I might be a prophet, or an asshole, I'm not sure.
I guess either one will work.
the world's got plenty of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment