Saturday, January 11, 2014

where this heart stretches

what this means to me is more than I can say.
what this is is bigger than any of us
and it composes the very nature of of our being.

it is a wet dream in the middle of the night,
something you never want to bother your slumber.

it is the taste and the touch of someone so dear
that there image brings a slant to our hearts and
we cry if we consider losing them.

we all have a voice and we can use those syllables to describe
the very mountains moving beneath our feet if we are ever given the chance.
and if they let us move, if they let us ascend, we can go higher than an
echoing whisper set to the drowning sun above our heads, lashing out an
avalanche of light unto our souls.

what you mean to me is greater than I can say.
the very meaning of you moves me to trembling
jell, and I can't imagine the world without you.

and I hope you feel the same for me.

but you show that in the way you touch me and the warm breath
on my ear when you say 'love'. you show it to me in the way your
stare crosses a million miles to reach me when I'm not around. you
say it to me in the most precious ways and I can't seem to get myself
to loosen up enough to give it back, but in my own way, and that doesn't quite
do it justice.

but I have you with me,
and we are together.
and for that, I am thankful,
even though I may appear jaded and above it all,
my heart screams back, but my mind will not allow it
to get through to my lips.

but know that I love you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment