Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The new Poetry Book.

If you've been following my blog, you're more than aware that I have been writing quite a bit of Poetry as of late. The poem is an amazing thing. It holds no particular standard. And, in my opinion, it is the freest way to lay down what the mind fancies. It helps to do away with structure to lend creativity a hand. I have been jotting down Poetry for twenty eight years ever since my grandmother gave me a notebook when I was ten. Some of my past Poems have made it onto the blog, but most are new, showing more of where I'm at at this point in my life.

My older Poems were a bit too experimental so I decided to use fresher stuff. That's not saying those older works won't appear at some point, just not right now. 

I have compiled a couple hundred poems in a new book titled, Down the luck Swallow it whole. It comes in at a little over 400 pages and will be out shortly in print and eBook on Amazon. The cover art is being done by Peter Fussey. I'm very happy with what he has shown me.  

I decided to tackle Poetry again because I'm at a place in my life where I'm not as concerned about marketing and sales as much as I am with getting down the best work I can. Some might even go so far as to say that Poetry isn't marketable at all. I might have to agree. The Poem is a special thing and it is only meant for a certain select group. Not everyone gets it, and that's nice in a way. I can concentrate on what I love to do without worrying about spending appropriate amounts of time splattering my new wares on social media and all of the other avenues allotted to an author.


I rely heavily on the readers to share what I do with their friends and family and anyone else they think might be interested in it. It helps me identify with what they are into, and what they enjoy about my writing. I have to say that I'm quite impressed with how many people share my stuff. It makes the hours of work worthwhile, and helps the ego make friends with itself. 

Again, thank you so very much for taking the time to read my work.
                                                                                 Love Always, R.

No comments:

Post a Comment