Sunday, January 26, 2014

gift of black

      i give the black
between my
  bones.

it's hard to unfold the mysteries
     and remain
  elusive -
      to keep it up without
      knocking over the family
      album.
      without turning over the
      dirt in the graves.
      without giving too much.
and so i bleed.
here, from this scar of myself,
i leak the temptations.
from this scrap of flesh,
i bleed.
i not I.
this is the small of me,
the part that whimpers,
drawn up into itself,
surrounded in womb,
a sympathetic nothing,
locked away behind
the artery under my heart.
     this is the black
            i give
  between
                my bones,
the child part that
cries for
                 condition.
    the tame,
                    peaceful
part that would be abused
             if others
knew it was there.
                      i let the child cry
                      for one day
it may
                     drown in its
prison,
                     way down deep
                in the black
           between
     my                     bones.
this is the blood of me
for which
you cannot see.

No comments:

Post a Comment