Friday, January 24, 2014

if i could see you again

dark shades drawn
across leering window pane.
the face they can no longer see
is my own.
the frown i wear has disappeared
behind the night's shade
and the nerves
have set loose again.

what were we ? when you were here
        what is my name ? again

how the time unravels like sprouts of cotton
and the sun does not part the shades.
this shallow
this need
expanding inside
the hallow cramp
of what is left.

backing away,
the light too
is also retreating.

i can almost feel your hand
on my own.

pull fast
across the window
with dark cloth.
this time is ours.

the buzz of a million years
crying out for us
in this here and
now.
just you and i
in this
behind drawn
curtains
and dark shades.

your breath is
about me.

your calm is
my own.

a gentle
cry
from across
blackened night
draws us near
and i can hear
your
whispering
scream.

it is not unlike my own.
here, behind drawn shades
in the darkness of us.

our bones together at last,
searching the dark
for disease,
but nothing shows.

how is this ? here with me now
who am i ? i have lost my name

this, my leering lover,
covered in dark.
this, for you and
no one else.

here behind drawn curtains
and simple shades,
it is so very dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment