Saturday, January 25, 2014

where i cannot see

you were always
everything to me
and i can no longer
smell your scent.
you reminded me
of compassion
and the reason why
we should hold on
so tight.

you were
everything to me
and the wind here
is brisk
as i think of you.
it lends tragic
through my clothes,
but the cold turns
joy against my skin,
and i need something
to hold onto.

you are
everything
and gone
floating off
where i can't
find you.

you are
everything
and my
heart is damp
with memory.

that simple smile
you held just for me.
the way your
lips worked
through the happiness,
freely handing it
over for anyone
to see.

you are
my everything
and you're still
here
somewhere,
but i just can't see.

i wish we could
touch one more time
and i know everything
would be just fine,
but the memories
of you, it's all i have
and somewhere
i hope
you're smiling
down
on me
from wherever
it is
that i cannot see.

No comments:

Post a Comment