Tuesday, February 25, 2014

like a demon on fire

at odd moments,
I want to run.
I want to take flight and
leave this behind.
I imagine my feet
taking me away
to somewhere I've
never been before,
to somewhere calm,
to somewhere,
anywhere.

the world speeds past,
a blur of color and motion,
a kaleidoscope of
unnecessary moments,
drowned in time.

and I breathe easy
in the speed I'm gaining.
everything becomes so small
that I no longer need to try
to grasp it.

I'm dreaming that I'm running right
now, taking off into the morning
and waiting for the light to erupt
in my eyes.

the people are standing still in my wake
and I'm too fast to see.

and then I'm motionless again
and nothing has changed
but the outlook of where I'm
going.

I'm still.
my breath
is slow, clam,
and regulated.

if I wasn't here,
I'd be running.
I would run to somewhere
safe where the only one
who can see me is the
sun as I burn away the ground
beneath me.

running.

No comments:

Post a Comment