Saturday, February 22, 2014

I have a few questions for you

Can I hold your hand until the bombs drop and blow us
Into the last shreds of meat to inherit this fine world?

Can I be a part of you for a few minutes until we’re
Melted together as one for the objectives of the few?

Can I lick away the waste that covers you and makes
You just like me, here in this fever of Hell right now?

Can I be one with you again after they’ve had their way
With us so I can show you what I truly feel for you?

Can we find each other once the smoke settles and our
Bones are ashen representations, caricatures of our loss?

Can I hold you just one more time before they piss pools
Upon our bodies from far away bunkers in stone and dirt?

Can I cry a little tune for you so you’ll remember me when
The fire takes away the flesh and leaves nothing recorded?

Can I beat my head against the walls, wishing this wouldn’t 
happen, just for something to feel before I’m carried away?

Can I gift you one last smile and kiss your lips before the
flash melts away the sight of you from my bleeding eyes?

Can I have a moment of your time before we perish in the 
wave of static disease that will be burnt away by flame?

Can I be with you just right now because tomorrow will 
never again be a day away? Not in this, never more.


We will never have this time again.

No comments:

Post a Comment