Friday, February 28, 2014

born of ocean. born of sea.

i love the waves against my face
as i lay against the sand.

and the heat along my spine
as the salt goes from my mouth.

the warm along my neck
as i spit the sea
over the ripples and through
to where i sleep within
myself.

this is always the way
and the surf takes my breath away
as i lay
motionless in the current.

i hope for big things here
as the sound nurses me to sleep
and i swallow
inside of me.

this holding motion as
it takes away the urge
to be,
letting the feeling envelope me.

i am no more,
and that is fine.
maybe i never was.

i dance in my bones
from the tones
below the waves.

i feel the nature in my skin.
i bend where the warm recedes
and takes away the needs
i've had for so long
that makes me fear the cold
and the darkness
once i've grown old.

maybe in another place
i wouldn't have felt this way
and i would stay concealed
like an urchin in the mist.
and maybe it wouldn't have
taken me so long
to feel like i belong,
like i'm a part of this,
like every swing was a miss.
and that was my only wish
from the very day
i was born into this.

No comments:

Post a Comment