Sunday, September 28, 2014

the girl that went by Reno

i had my first sexual experience
when i was four

the next few experiences came
between the ages of ten and fifteen

but i lost my virginity when i
was nineteen,
and it was one of the most awkward
moments of my life

the girl was beautiful,
too beautiful for me
( not unlike every woman
i've been with since )
she had legs for days
and a pretty pink smile
made of cotton candy

she was so tall,
i looked up to her by an inch,
but i loved the way she looked down on me

she smelled of strawberries
and had a dark laugh
that made me think of cigarettes

she practiced Black Magic
and i pretended to do the same,
conjuring demons
by candlelight
before we made love
just to have someone there to
enjoy the show

she tasted the way she smelled
and i was suddenly drifting through
every breath she took,
waiting for the exhale
that seemed as if it would never come

our first time
was while we were watching the
Exorcist
and it was also the first time
i had ever went down on a girl

i was a little curious
as to the wonderment
that went on down there
and it was more
than i could have ever hoped for-
the screaming demon child
in the background
did very little to detour me

it was the shortest relationship
i've ever had
we got high and walked through the woods
i took her to see her family
up north
we did naughty things
to each other in a camper by a lake
and conjured a few more demons
to pass the time

by the end
she had taken the majority
of the occult section
of my modest little library,
but left me with 'the knowledge of woman'
which i have taken with me ever since-
so it was a fair trade

i sometimes wonder about that
six foot, one inch girl
and what happened to her

i can only hope she
conjured the right types of demons
to keep the angels at bay
because i'm sure if they ever found her,
they would take her back to where she belongs

No comments:

Post a Comment