Saturday, September 13, 2014

hello, America

hello, America
i'm dead again
what happened to your smile
?

hello, meth addled America
smoking away the pain
resisting this tight cunt
called Democracy

work to be wrecked
reign in fire
die with a hard-on
fulfill every desire

starve the poor
displace the homeless
be charitable to charities
paying themselves to be charitable
to charities
fuck your challenges
and your slogans
fuck your bleeding hearts
and fuck your cold hearts

give me a taste of darkened whispers
of the children of the coming age
distraught and angry
tired and ugly
waiting for their chance to scream

hello, destitute America
looking for a new scam
to help out everyone
with nothing at all

hello, America
i'm dead again
just for you
i believed in you
and i'm nothing too

when the lights go out,
where will you be
?
maybe with me,
pretending i can't see
what has happened
to what i thought was free

good-bye, America
what once was love
is now draining affecting
an infliction
of the heart
where it has come apart
at the seams
for all the dreams
torn wicked
from useless wars
and broken old whores
filling the seats in Congress

dear, America
lie to me again
tell me of my sins
and the broken dreams
of yesteryear
so i may shed a tear
for the truths that missed me,
passed me by
on the highway of misinformation

my fucking America,
what happened to your smile
?

No comments:

Post a Comment