Tuesday, April 8, 2014

a course against action

the wisdom of the ages
and a broken standard
emblazoned with the tried
and tainted multitudes
heaped up in polluted
cities,
in run down tenements,
across fields of green
with poison just beneath
the soil, and wars bred of
sadistic monetary gain.

give me a war against tyranny,
a war against fascism,
a war against poverty
and homelessness.
give me a war against lenders,
a war against gain.

lend to me
the idea
that we are heading
toward a better society,
a better system of education
that takes away false hope;
a positive path built on ideals
for the betterment of civilization.

lend to me
a whisper
that blows in
the winds of truth
and tells of the needs
we all harbor.

give me a war against ignorance,
a war against pop culture,
a war of the ages.

give me a war against pretentiousness,
against fame,
against human nature.

give me absolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment