Saturday, March 8, 2014

The Trap

i turn off the lights
                and lay my head
        down
upon the soft
with the blanket
           pulled
                                   high
so i may sleep again
and be in that place that makes
it all
seem right.

the wind howls at
                                  night
and whistles through
in song
                       for my slumber.

the sheets ruffle about my frame
and clings to my skin,
                                 but the dream
lives
         again
                     inside
as i rest away
the day
               i hide
from
behind my eyes
where the wind
refuses the lies
                         and never has
freedom felt
this way
                         in the trap
i call breathing.    

and the sudden images
                  of people
                 i've known
in my time
and the way they love
as if they've never experienced
life the way it struggles
and claws
at the skin.

and how i love them here
in this place
where
care takes away the responsibilities
of a beating heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment