Friday, November 29, 2013

wet Angels make for entertaining nights

it's always moist
that place on the back of my neck
where the essence is leaking out.
a
damp spot
like glue to hold
the pieces together
as if this weren't bad enough,
I'm pretty sure I'm seeing angels -
small ones with crazy eyes
and dirty feet.
looks like they could have walked miles
in tar,
on
hot asphalt to get to me here in the West
of nothing.
it's true and I don't think they give a damn.
but they're watching me all the time through everything I do:
it's a religion to them now. They can't get enough of me. Maybe that's why there's
that sticky shit leaking out of the back of my head. It's my essence and I can't do without
it. They're aware. So it only goes to show they're trying to kill me slowly with staring eyes
and
dirty fucking feet.
don't get me started on that incessant music they play at all hours of the day and night
to beat drums out of my goddamn mind.
but they're Holy and some restraint is necessary if you're going to make it through
this shit alive.
If they kill me, you'll never know.
It'll be some sort of disease.
Could be a tumor,
or a growth.
Maybe cancer, but I doubt that, too cliché.
Never mind Spanish Harlem,
they live right next door and they beat those fucking drums constantly.
They're Angels.
They're your neighbors.
They might be your best goddamn friend.
But they'll get you in the end.
Be sure of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment