Friday, November 22, 2013

just walk away



"what are you
writing?" she asked

"silly poems."

"why are they silly?"

"most poems
are," I said

"I host a poets
group on
Wednesday
nights," she said, "you're
welcome to come."

"no thanks."

"oh, why not?"

"I'm not very social."

"you wouldn't have to socialize,
just read your poems."

"I'm kind of an asshole,"
I said

she snickered
"you seem nice to me."

"I'm not," I replied,
"I'm a total fucker."

"you can come by
anyway and just listen."

"seriously,"
I said, "I don't trust
anything on two legs."

she laughed and her eyes brightened
"you don't trust yourself then?" she
asked

"what are you implying?"

"surely you walk upright."

"how fucking dare you!" I shouted
got out of my chair
  and
    crawled out
         of the
            CafĂ©

No comments:

Post a Comment