Friday, February 6, 2015

signs you're alive

i'm a little much
around the midsection.
my ears don't match up.
my back is crooked.
it's far too easy
for me
to let people go.
i'm hungry in
a very strange way
because it is not food
that i crave.
sometimes my anger
gets the best of me.
a lot of people make me sick.
i never have enough time.
i'm as romantic as a stone.
i cry under my breath
at my silly emotions.
i'm imperfect
                       and
          flawed.
there are people i have met
that i just can't get out of my head.
i was abused.
i was taken
                    for granted.
my stomach
                    is scarred
where life
                    ran me through.
i only have
           a couple of
heroes,
and they are long since gone.
i don't believe in
revenge.
i'm married to
my best friend.
my next best friend
has fur and a tail
and talks to me from the bathroom
sink
while i'm trying to evacuate.
i'm estranged from
most of my family
because they never
really felt like family
at all.
i sometimes cry
because the sky
is blue.
i wrestle with
why
people
    do
   the
      things
  they
       do.
i am flawed.
    i am imperfect.
        and that's how
   i know
i
   am
          alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment