Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Give the Girl a Rose

All this time
and your eyes
still fly
through my mind
like the wind
catching sparks
in the dark.

Above all of this,
you knew
what this would do
to me.

I can still see you
when I close my eyes.
Who I am becomes
an afterthought.
Who I could be
is nothing more
than a dream.
No matter
how hard
I scream,
I can't seem
to wake
from this.

And there you are
reflecting in the dark,
fucking my heart
a little harder
until I lose my breath.

As I'm gasping,
you're smiling.
It seems you
enjoy me most
when I'm dying.

But I have to
thank you
because I
realized
that love is
rarely equal.
It is something
given,
something taken,
something that is
evil and broken,
rarely mended.
It is accepted in
sickness and
driven
until the road
washes away
and you're left
falling
in love
all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment