Sunday, July 20, 2014

black, black night

i once held my breath
for so long
that the stars
began blinking
in the sunny,
sunny
day
and the blue,
blue
sky
withered away
so that th3 whole
of r3ality
took on a hue
that told me
i couldn't stay

i wanted nothing more
than to swim ashore
in the turbulent flames
and wash away the countless
day by day
memories
that emblazon a mind
gone awry

r3ality wakes in a stream
of magma
that cleanses
the soul
so soulful
demons weep

i once held my breath for so long
that i woke up
screaming
in the dense fog
of forgetfulness and fatigue
that comes when the sky
breaks open
like an egg
leaking out its life
so short
that names are all
but forgotten

i held my breath for so long
that the windows
broke free
and i was staring at myself
through evaporating tears
lounging in the starless sky
where the sun
blinks shut
just long enough
to remain unseen

i held myself
holding my breath
and wound up
into nothing
the blue,
blue sky
went to black,
black night
it was quite a sight
if you had seen
what i mean
by the sun without sheen
and the frail blanket
of fright
when i held myself
too tight

No comments:

Post a Comment