Wednesday, December 10, 2014

slowly shudders her name

  her hand in mine
and everything is the way it should be
         there is light
and there is darkness,
but we overcome them
            together, her and i

her heart
and my heart
are much
the same

she does her part
and i do mine
and we give love
a proper name

her reflection
is in my eyes
and my mirror
is her own
through shining days
and troubled nights,
the feeling has simply grown

like the petals of a flower,
slowly unfolding
so has become our time together
as we strip away the layers
of one another

and each day
something new
becomes told,
in each caress and lingering touch,
the story slowly unfolds

and how any other day
wouldn't shine so brightly
without her here
holding me tightly
with the flicker of candles
dancing shadows across the hall
from the door where we share
our passions
enthralled

if ever sleep shall take me away
let this moment last forever
should i not see the dawn of day
through peeking window
clouded in stormy weather-
and held in her arms
till
the last breath of me
surrenders
and the last beat of my heart
slowly shudders
her name
in hushing whispers

No comments:

Post a Comment