Sunday, August 3, 2014

what you're feeding me

you escape me
from time to time
and i cannot see
what it is
you've done to me

if i was anything other
than me
i wouldn't be
nearly as free
as i believe me to be

in my glee
i try to see
through my need
and weed out the
the symptoms
in which i feed,
firmly planting the seed
of each of every deed
i have committed
to set myself free
from the unconscious stream
of my own self esteem
to deem
the cream
rising to the top of a dream
which never truly
represented me,
not fully

and maybe that's what i see in you,
something free and shrouded in truth
but what remains is gone and gripping
as we slide, gently tripping
through emotional needing,
ever demanding
a little something more
from our incessant feeding

so i can't look at your face anymore
i would rather soar
high above this
but i'm afraid of coming down
for fear i may drown
on the truth you're feeding me

No comments:

Post a Comment